Couer de creme

I need to set a couer de creme quickly. Any advice?

asked by Gina55164 about 5 years ago

Coeur a la creme is one of my top three desserts. Normal fridge temp is 40 F. If you're opening and closing the fridge door to cook other stuff, you won't maintain that temp. You'd be better off putting your filled coeur mold in a sink or cooler with ice, and testing with a thermometer to be sure the temp is 40 F or below with a thermomenter. Do not put it in the freezer. It will crystallize and not taste the same.

Gina55164

The ice bath is working very well. Thank you so much!

p.s. Cover the top of your coeur with saran wrap. When I say test with a thermometer, I mean to be sure the environment is 40F or lower (not the cream heart itself).

Pegeen got here first. No more needs to be said. Back when I was catering, we would sometimes set the coeurs ina ice/cold water bath. We wrapped them first, since not to would mean getting water into your product through the little holes in the mold.

ChefJune is chillin' it. Wrapping the entire mold is a great tip. Personally , I never had much drainage from my Coeur recipes because they're not made from fresh cheese in the French countryside. Bon appetit!

I'd do anything to help along a Coeur a la Creme.

Sorry, Chef June... have I overstepped somehow?