🔕 🔔

What's a custard apple and what do you use it for?

asked by delectable.s. almost 5 years ago

I found this video it's really informative http://www.custardapple...
She suggests using in a curry but said they are also delicious in sweet desserts as well as the obvious, eaten as is.

Dea Henrich

I like to blend the flesh with coconut milk and turn it into an ice cream. I try to use a 2:1 ratio. Taste to see if it needs a bit of sugar. A pinch of cardamom makes a nice addition.

Sopranomom

It's a hybrid between a cherimoya and the closely related sugar apple, though some people use "custard apple" and "cherimoya" interchangeably. Tasty tasty, pulpy fruit.

It's yummy goodness. Sweet and sometimes with a little tang. I usually halve it, and dig in with a spoon. The seeds are large enough that eating this way is not annoying, difficult or messy. You can also take the flesh and blend with some condensed milk and ice for a really great smoothie.