🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cinnamon Almond Cake with Wild Texas Blackberries

983a1e3d 28e4 4ce8 8d24 a33a7e8dd72d  spring 027

I have a question about the recipe "Cinnamon Almond Cake with Wild Texas Blackberries" from nannydeb. If I don't want to buy amaretto just for this recipe, can I substitute some almond extract? if so, how much?

asked by Kacia almost 5 years ago

Kukla

Yes Kacia, you can use almond extract, but not more then about 3/4 of a teaspoon.

Another alternative is to buy the Amaretto in one of those mini "airline size" bottles. BevMo carries them as well as some liquor stores.

nannydeb

I think I would start with 1/2 teaspoon and taste the batter. If you buy Amaretto, you'll find lots of yummy things to do with it !