🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cinnamon Almond Cake with Wild Texas Blackberries

983a1e3d 28e4 4ce8 8d24 a33a7e8dd72d  spring 027

I have a question about the recipe "Cinnamon Almond Cake with Wild Texas Blackberries" from nannydeb. If I don't want to buy amaretto just for this recipe, can I substitute some almond extract? if so, how much?

asked by Kacia over 4 years ago

5861b4ad 965e 4a67 9c9c 76c273534f33  img 0001

Yes Kacia, you can use almond extract, but not more then about 3/4 of a teaspoon.

Another alternative is to buy the Amaretto in one of those mini "airline size" bottles. BevMo carries them as well as some liquor stores.

94d3d922 0c09 4916 9398 e8dc022fa2d0  lobster 001

I think I would start with 1/2 teaspoon and taste the batter. If you buy Amaretto, you'll find lots of yummy things to do with it !