🔕 🔔

What's your favorite summer cocktail recipe?

asked by Mollyh almost 6 years ago

The French 75, voila http://www.food52.com/recipes...

wssmom

http://food52.com/recipes...

I love this lemonade!

http://food52.com/recipes... - it is refreshing and not so high in alcohol it does you in with the heat.

Get a "Soda Stream" soda maker to make fizzy water on demand. Much better than a soda siphon as you can adjust the carbonation amount.

I think Amanda did a bit about hers.

That said: A Pimms Cup...with just soda water and a spear of cucumber. Nice and not sickly sweet and not too alcoholic. Very light. Although one friend described the taste of Pimms cup as "Kiwi shoe polish" with soda water.

LucyS

I was going to say Pimms Cup too. I like it with tons of fruit (cucumber, strawberries, peaches, apples, etc. - especially peaches are my favorite) that sit in it for a few hours in the fridge so they get all good and boozy. I had a dog who would literally knock people over for spilled Pimms (tricky, since he only came up to our knees).

Quinciferous

I LOVE Aperol, just by itself, or with a splash of soda and an orange wedge on ice. It's so refreshing, and the low alcohol means I can have one before dinner and one after.

ChefOno

Caipirinha, mojito or daiquiri, Mai Tai, depending

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

I'm in Sam's court - Pimm's No 1 Cup and Dry Ginger Ale. (Great hair of the dog as well)

shoresdiver

Grapefruit juice and a good bourbon over ice. I know- sounds awful, but give it a try!

lorigoldsby

I'm usually not a fan of the infused vodkas...until I found a mango/passion fruit/blood orange one. Brand names are "Kinky" and "XXX"....shake vigorously with ice and add chilled Fresca....incredibly light and refreshing and easy...

Benny

If I don't have any Sangria I go for a nice Gin Gimlet. Gin, lime juice and a small splash of seltzer.