🔕 🔔

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Nope. She means a baking sheet. The cake will be thin, like for a jelly-roll. That way when you quarter the cake you'll get the four pieces for making layers.

Ef581ac0 2eff 43ec b0a7 d6aa1b61ab38  fc macaroon 830
Joanne Chang

Joanne Chang is the pastry chef/co-owner of Flour Bakery+Cafe and chef/co-owner of Myers+Chang in Boston.

yes exactly thanks for the clarification!

Joanne Chang

I used the baking sheet (more of a jelly roll pan as I am learning) and all worked out perfectly. I've attached a photo. My 90-year-old mother declared it the most delicious thing she ever had the privilege of eating and my husband not only ate it for breakfast (he said it was alot like an eclair and why not?) the next day, he requested it as his birthday cake. Thank you Ms. Chang and hardlikearmour and Food 52 for helping step outside of my kitchen comfort zone.

Bac50a33 ab06 4382 9556 ea9ea9b297c3  bostoncream