I am making soup with chicken stock white wine, chicken, portobello mushrooms, baby kale and Parmesan. I can't find baby kale. What could I s

What is a good substitute or where do you find baby Kale ?

asked by pema21 over 5 years ago

Baby kale is just very young kale. You may find it in your grocer's produce section. You could substitute spinach or swiss chard if you cannot find young kale.

I do a soup with chicken stock, parm (actually, parm whisked with egg, used to form stracciatella, sort of Italian egg drops) and escarole, cut into strips - I'd think you could sub that for the kale here too.

Escarole definitely goes well with chicken stock and parmigiano.

pema21

I wanted to let you all know, I used dandelion greens, and it was great! Thank you for your suggestions!

These Impossibly Fudgy Chocolate Cakes Have One Big Secret

No butter, no oil -- just one magical ingredient.

Genius Chocolate Cake

Inspired by Chef Bryant Ng's creamy classic.

30-Minute Chickpea Curry

Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?

The Best Carbonara, According to an Italian Chef

What's New in the Neighborhood

Holiday recipes from The German-Jewish cookbook

Break the Yom Kippur Fast with Salad