🔕 🔔

Cooking fresh whole lobster

Can you purchase a lobster in the morning, have it cut up in pieces by the fish monger, and then cook it later that day....how best would one keep it?

asked by Lynne Rothenberg over 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Just keep it cold in the fridge

Lobsters are generally sold live. Not sure I'd want to cook an already dead lobster. I normally store fish in the fridge by rewrapping it in waxed paper and setting the package atop a bowl of ice water. I suppose that would work for your lobster pieces as well.

Thanks so much. I think I can do this.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

You can also hold a live Lobster overnight in a ice chest lined with wet newspaper..(preferably in a chilled salted water to moisten the paper)on top and bottom of the bug. And a few ice packs or cubes to keep the temp down below 55 or so to slow it's metabolism.