Cooking fresh whole lobster

Can you purchase a lobster in the morning, have it cut up in pieces by the fish monger, and then cook it later that day....how best would one keep it?

asked by Lynne Rothenberg about 5 years ago

Just keep it cold in the fridge

Lobsters are generally sold live. Not sure I'd want to cook an already dead lobster. I normally store fish in the fridge by rewrapping it in waxed paper and setting the package atop a bowl of ice water. I suppose that would work for your lobster pieces as well.

Lynne Rothenberg

Thanks so much. I think I can do this.

You can also hold a live Lobster overnight in a ice chest lined with wet newspaper..(preferably in a chilled salted water to moisten the paper)on top and bottom of the bug. And a few ice packs or cubes to keep the temp down below 55 or so to slow it's metabolism.