A question about a recipe: Braised Pork Belly Tacos with Watermelon, Jicama & Jalapeño Salsa

626f008e 5fef 484e 9436 20f6f45975e1  food52 01 30 12 2834

I have a question about the recipe "Braised Pork Belly Tacos with Watermelon, Jicama & Jalapeño Salsa" from a la Alison. Hi! I'm trying to make this recipe, but should I buy pork belly with the rind on it?

asked by Sarah D about 5 years ago

I think the choice is up to you. I happen to love the rind any cut of pork. Texturally, it would add yet another dimension to the tacos, in addition to the watermelon and the jicama. I would say "yes" to the rind (it would probably be really awesome in this recipe, especially if you can get it to crisp up), but if you're not a big fan of the rind texture, then just cut if off.