Help! I made and refrigerated chocolate ganache yesterday and it isn't sweet enough. How can I sweeten it now?

I made it with 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, 1/2 cup cream and 2 TBSP butter. It is going in unsweetened tart shells so really needs to be sweeter. Thanks!

asked by Judith21 over 5 years ago

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

Was the bittersweet chocolate itself not sweet enough for your taste? Otherwise it seems odd that the ganache wouldn't be sweet enough. However, you probably could dissolve a bit of sugar in a little bit more cream or butter, then add the cold ganache and rewarm it gently, stirring until everything is mixed together well, then chill it again if it needs to be chilled. Another option is to serve the tarts with sweeter than usual whipped cream.

You could heat again, add some sugar doing all of this over a double boiler until the sugar is melted, then place bowl in an ice bath to cool if you are planning on using it right away.

Judith21

Thanks for your answer. Next time I'll taste it before I refrigerate it!

I meant to add that corn syrup, because it is an invert sugar, will also lend your ganache a degree of flexibility so that it isn't quite so dense when chilled.

Judith21

The corn syrup worked great! I added about a tablespoon and it was the perfect amount of sweetness. Thanks again for your help.

Oh, so glad it helped you!

krusher

Now this is what it is all about. Really helping each other. I love it when I see the grand design working like a charm. I think the idea of Hot Topics is a real service as long as we all focus on who we are helping and the "real question". This when I see Amanda and Merrill's vision in action.