🔕 🔔

What can I substitute for 1/2 a cup of whipping cream when making a ganache?

asked by Fallan over 5 years ago

I first saw this on food52.com, for every 8oz of 70% bittersweet chocolate you add 8oz of water technically it's chocolate mousse but hey!!!!!

Maybe sour cream or crime fraiche

Sorry. That should be crime fraiche

Darn spell check, it's creme, dang it! Creme!

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

what is the ganache being used for? heavy cream or sour cream or creme fraiche could all be used in place of whipping cream. if you're using it for a cookie filing or a cookie glaze, i make my ganache 50/50 with 70% chocolate and unsalted butter.

I was using it as a glaze for cupcakes & ended up using a combination of whole milk & unsalted butter which worked great.

Wholefoods user icon

I have used a puree of cashew and water to make vegan fake cream with smashing results. I think there is a commercially available one called mimic cream.

I've used coconut milk.