What to do with leftover homemade mayonnaise?

I've got more than I can eat in the next few days leftover and I hate to waste something so delicious. Has anyone ever frozen it? I'm thinking the freezing would deal with the food safety issues (though I'm no expert) but I fear it would ruin the texture. Any other suggestions?
Thanks much!

asked by klrcon over 5 years ago

former Community Editor

This thread had quite a few ideas! http://food52.com/hotline...

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I love homemade mayonnaise! Maybe you could put some of it in small canning jars with labels and gift to close friends and neighbors.

savorthis

This has a lot of submissions too~ http://food52.com/contests...

It makes a great hair conditioner!

klrcon

Thanks, guys! I did search on mayonnaise but neither of those threads came up. I'm new here and I'm finding the search function a little glitchy so I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!