Just curious, what are you planning to make/serve/eat on July 4th?

I tend to make the same things every year and might try something new this Fourth. Ideas please? Thanks!

sdebrango June 27, 2013

I go to a BBQ at a friends house every year, the core food is always the same, hamburgers, hot dogs but all of us that come bring a dish and it varies from year to year. I haven't figured out what to bring this year yet, need to figure that out as the day is fast approaching. We always have a great array of different dishes.

sdebrango June 27, 2013

Will be looking for idea's also!!

drbabs June 28, 2013

Making: NOTHING!
Eating: A lot probably! (We have two weddings to go to on July 4th!)
Hope you have a good holiday.

Bevi
Bevi June 28, 2013

We as well! No cooking, just eating lots of good wedding food!

aargersi June 28, 2013

On the grill - standard - hot dogs, burgers and sausage wraps. On the table (inside, in the AC as we are 100+ every afternoon now) Pickly potato salad, mustard mint and peas potato salad, whatever dip stuff others bring, a blueberry and raspberry tart (RW&B) and peach sheet pie (the genius one they just published) there HAS to be Ruffles and ranch dip! And a watermelon or three

and a lot of beer

sdebrango June 28, 2013

Can I hop a flight and come??? Sounds wonderful.

aargersi June 28, 2013

Sadassa_Ulna - what are YOU making? Perhaps we could help mix it up for ya!

ChefJune June 28, 2013

Haven't figured it all out yet. Always do some kind of cole slaw and potato salad, but not mayonnaisey, and not "ordinary" ;) Maybe blueberry pie for dessert.

pierino June 29, 2013

Pork ribs. And I plan to have another go at Bubba Mac's "Giddy Swamp" sauce.

pierino July 5, 2013

OK, folks I did it. Rubbed down some pork ribs with pimenton and salt, smoked California style over an oak fueled fire and finished with Bubba Mac's "Giddy Swamp". That was outrageously good. That sauce has to rank among the all time greatest Food52 recipes.

ZombieCupcake
ZombieCupcake June 29, 2013

I am going for pickled vegetable slaw, baked curry lentils, grilled corn, grilled chicken tandoori, cherry slab pie (going cherry picking tomorrow), and blue berry cheese cake popsicles

Sadassa_Ulna
Sadassa_Ulna June 30, 2013

Sounds delicious, I want all of that!

Sadassa_Ulna
Sadassa_Ulna June 30, 2013

Thank you everyone for posting! Fourth of July is my husband's favorite holiday and we always host a gathering. I try to serve up a classic American Fourth menu, which to me means burgers and dogs on the grill (I add grilled chicken)and potato salad, cole slaw, watermelon. I usually make a simple tossed green salad and sometimes my husband makes baked beans. People bring yummy stuff like salads and brownies.

BoulderGalinTokyo
BoulderGalinTokyo July 1, 2013

Sounds like the perfect Fourth of July menu! I have to hold the bun (lower carbs/ low glycemic) but drool at the burger. You might try changing up the seasonings like I do in my Miso Beef Burger with Daikon Oroshi or just do different toppings.
Lots of great ideas on food52! Bubba Mac's Giddy Swamp Sauce is Hot, HOT.

Panfusine
Panfusine July 6, 2013

NOTHING!! :-( in the middle of a kitchen re do, so no cooking at all! feel like I had some part of me amputated for a fortnight..