🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chicken al Mattone with Thyme Pesto

20aaf767 4e72 49a2 8ce4 3ff6159050c3  cp brick

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken al Mattone with Thyme Pesto" from Waverly. When I grill chicken, I have a problem with flame flare ups from the chicken fat dripping on the gas flames. (I try to remove as much surface fat as possible before grilling. With the brick method, what do I do to control flare ups?

asked by Mary Rollins almost 5 years ago

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

I suspect my answer is not the one you want to hear but, oh well. Chicken al Mattone is best cooked over wood coals. That drips down will come back up as flavor. Fat that drips onto an open flame catches fire and so, there are your flare ups which can char the underside of the chicken before it's fully cooked. Try lowering the gas flame and if possible elevating the grill higher.

941fede3 4bd7 43d1 8acc c82474deaea5  stringio

Thanks for your input. I'll try some of your ideas when grilling chicken.