🔕 🔔

Hi out there! I have button mushrooms to stuff with their stems chopped, onions, garlic, butter, bread crumbs and Parmesan or cheddar cheese

Please advise as to whether or not these can be baked a day ahead and reheated for a barbecue. Will they get too soggy sitting in the fridge overnight? Thank you experts in advance!

asked by see over 4 years ago

I haven't done stuffed mushrooms in ages, but I can say that when I have, if there were leftovers, they were soggy. So, I'd say pre-baking is a bad idea. Is it something you could do on the grill in one of those perforated pans, or even skewered? If you put it them in the indirect heat area, it would be similar to oven baking them (wouldn't have to worry about he stuffing falling out if you tried to turn them). Any help?

Ea614c4c 65a0 4dd8 be64 476376d8cf8d  will

They'll be fine if they're re-heated. Make sure you let them cool completely before putting them in the fridge.
It's suggested that you add a little extra cheese on the top when you reheat them to get that bubbly-goodness!

I also think you can make them ahead. If you'd like to make sure you still have some crunch, before reheating, top them with fresh bread crumb drizzled with olive oil

9c8f3f94 fb40 4a0c 9bce e3832197fc9d  image

I would bake them through about 75%without the breadcrumbs and cheese on top, then the next day add the topping and bake then broil to finish :)