Recipe posting

When one posts a new recipe that is not allied with a current contest, where does it go? How does one find it other than on one's own page? For example, I recently posted this recipe, but find it nowhere on any of the main pages:
http://food52.com/recipes...

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen July 6, 2013

If you go to "Recipes" toward the top of the main page and then on the left use the filter "newest", your recipe will show up in the order that it was posted. As of this moment yours is the second recipe.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen July 6, 2013

Forgot to mention that sometimes there's a little "lag" time before it actually posts.

pierino July 6, 2013

Cynthia, your tags are another way for another user to discover your recipe. When I first joined the corps I used the most eccentric tags I could think up. That turned out to be an unwise choice.

QueenSashy July 7, 2013

pierino, what do you mean by tags? I did not realize you can tag a recipe. Or it is the categories you assign your dish into?

pierino July 7, 2013

Yes, there's this almost invisible narrow strip under the subject of your recipe where if click it you can add tags like, "pasta, pork, meatless" etc. It really should be made more obvious.

QueenSashy July 7, 2013

Ha! I never realized that. Thank you!

boulangere July 7, 2013

Thank you, friends. Figured it out, slow learner that I am.