🔕 🔔

Baking time for Chocolate Dump-It Cake as a sheet cake?

Looking to make this for a 5th birthday cake. Want the rectangle to frost and decorate more easily. Has anyone done this in a jelly roll pan or a 9x13? Any help appreciated! Thanks!

asked by Danizmango about 4 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Hi Danizmango -- I haven't made it as a sheet cake, but I have made it in individual layers and as cupcakes, and I think you can absolutely make it as a sheet cake. It's a forgiving batter; you'll just need to adjust the cooking time -- I'd set the timer for 10 minutes and check it every few minutes after, testing it in the center of the sheet pan. And if you're planning to unmold the cake from the sheet pan, I'd line it with buttered parchment paper. Good luck and let me know how it goes -- and most importantly, happy birthday to your 5yo!

Thanks, Amanda! Going to give it a try and see how it goes. As long as it's chocolate on chocolate, she will be happy. -Danielle