🔕 🔔

What to do with Bulgarian yogurt?

We just bought some Bulgarian yogurt and it is not what we were expecting. I can't see eating it with granola, as it is so tart (like, pickle juice tart).
I was considering a marinade for meat, but am looking for any specifics on that, or any other ideas.

asked by Angela about 4 years ago

I love Bulgarian yogurt with Bircher muesli, but i'm a plain yogurt person. You could always bake with it if you don't like the taste;, muffins, pancakes, etc. Or make smoothies...you can always add a sweetener to taste. You could definitely make a yogurt tahini sauce too. also, it keeps FOREVER.

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

I agree--try baking with it. Also try using it as a sour cream substitute or loosen it with milk to make crema for tacos. It might make a killer smoothie as the sugar from the fruit would cut the acidity.

Oh, and if you do use it as a meat marinade, be sure not to let the meat sit in it for too long (no longer than a few hours) or it will start to break down the proteins, turning your meat mushy.