Braising with yogurt marinade

I have some turkey thighs marinating in a yogurt-based curry sort of sauce today, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to cook them (I have deviated from the recipe which called for cooked leftover turkey). Can yogurt stand up to an hour on the stove top? If not, what is recommended for cooking a larger piece of meat that's been marinated in yogurt?

asked by Lucytron 4 months ago

I like your idea. It might be a shame to lose that lovely marinade. By itself, though, I suspect the yogurt would be too thick and likely scorch. But, if you thin it out with a can of coconut milk, I think you'd have a brand new winning combination.