Left Jim laheys stecca out for too long during first rise. What should I do?

asked by GourMel almost 5 years ago

Rivka

I would add flour and water in the ratio of the original recipe and let it sit for like 2 hours to mitigate the overrising.

GourMel

The recipe was 3 cups flour to 1.5 cups water so a 2:1 ratio. How much should I add? Also this is a no knead recipe if that changes anything.

JulieBoulangerie

How long, what does the dough look like?

GourMel

Almost 29 hours! It's big and wet with bubbles on the surface.

JulieBoulangerie

I would just proceed normally. That dough is pretty resilient.

GourMel

Ok, trying that. The dough smells fermented (if that's possible) but I've never made it before and have no idea how it should smell.

JulieBoulangerie

Ever made the Artisan Bread in 5 recipes? They have the same smell. Some of it cooks off. It's not perfect, but it's the best you can do.

lizzyinthekitchen

Blog called "Alexandra cooks" has a recipe for a faux focaccia out of over-fermented dough.

Dona

Here's the link to that recipe
http://www.alexandracooks...

GourMel

I saw that and actually made it a few weeks ago!