🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: BEST Banana Bread

7856f934 ef83 4a9c 930d 4ee565bc6399  banana bread10 edited small

I have a question about the recipe "BEST Banana Bread" from d_ribbens. why does this banana bread cause for pepper

asked by jennie about 4 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I think that is a mistake, sometimes when I enter a recipe default words pop up that I have typed in before. It has happened on several of my recipes. I am sure it's just salt and not pepper for this recipe.

THere are some recipes for cookies that call for pepper--the best example is Pfeffernüsse, a German Christmas cookie. Recipes with deep roots, i.e. from the Medieval era, tended to call for heavier spicing than we might use ourselves. Exotic spices were very rare and expensive and became status symbols, intended to impress guests. So even though the pepper may be a mistake, I'd give it a try and see if it's good. You never know.