A question about a recipe: Magic Shell

6b2d9c53 197e 40b5 aac8 88395665ec4d  2013 0702 magic shell 079

I have a question about the recipe "Magic Shell" from MarianBull. Can this be made without a microwave? Would the chocolate need to be tempered?

asked by jane.colton3 over 5 years ago

ATG117

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to make it on the stove. I would leave some chocolate on the side, put the rest in the pot with the coconut oil until its almost melted all the way, and then add the chocolate you set aside. Stir until the added chocolate is combined.

Marian Bull

You can easily do it in a double boiler or a hacked double boiler (with a bowl atop a pot of boiling water)!