🔕 🔔

Egyptian cookbook or blog?

Looking to cook my favorite Egyptian 'standards' but haven't been able to find a definitive reference...

asked by SpaCook about 4 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I'm no expert, but I do have one Egyptian cookbook, Egyptian Cooking: A Practical Guide by Samia Abdennour. Its stated purpose is to "introduce the foreign reader to recipes commonly used in Egypt," so it does have some basics. You might also check out a 2013 book, Nile Style. It's menu-driven, so might be hit and miss with standards.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I cannot speak for any of the recipes on this blog, I just found it by a google search here is a link to an Egyptian Cooking blog http://muslimahcookingguide...

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

Amy Riolo, a DC chef and food historian has just expanded and reissued hers, though I haven't yet seen it: Nile Style.