🔕 🔔

Is it safe to have milk after eating onions

In my culture often it is said it's not safe. To have milk with or after onions ,it may cause skin problems,could someone please tell me if this is true or jut a myth?

asked by Kanks about 4 years ago

I've had milk or milk products after and with onions for years and it hasn't had any ill effects yet. Sounds like one of those stories that get passed down through the generations. My grandmother banned water or other liquids with popcorn. That hasn't killed me either!

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Sounds like a myth to me. As a lover of dairy products and oniony foods (I have good skin, although that's probably genetic) I'd say it's safe to have milk after onions.

3d9a3882 c161 441f 8a91 0efd10979f7c  2007 09 11e s4

I started having milk and onions together at mealtime back when Truman was president, and the only problem I've had is that I no longer have quite so much hair as I did back then! Plus, I often us milk or cream in my onion sauces and dips/spreads. I think you'll be just fine so long as you don't over-do it and you are not lactose intolerant.

Why wouldn't it be?

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

It's not safe if you are a canine, otherwise...

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Not the best combo to consume if you have stomach acid, otherwise you are safe...

50% of people in india consume direct or indirectly milk and onion together .. as for eg north indian cuisine . If it would be true then all would have been suffering from skin disease more specifically white patches on skin.
its definetely a MYTH . it causes due to some infection or its genetic . nothing to do with this combination .

are you in danger of exploding? haha. in my in-laws family it was cherries and milk. so finally i innocently asked about their cherry pie a la mode.

08a02e6b a6b9 48e5 99e5 2dcfb53c8030  fb avatar

Yup, they shouldn't be taken together, otherwise onion losees its benefits for sure, and milk can actually do harm in suspectable ppl in this combo. Intact water too should be restricted with onion intake, till it is assimilated. Raw onion with lime is quite good. Oil is also compatible with onion. Raw onion-lemon combo delays cataract and skin aging, and helps in coping with joint inflammation. But water intake should be kept to minimal till it is assimilated from small intestine (~2-2.5hours)

Ad828ff3 7502 4a71 a783 669f3dda8028  fb avatar

no its not myth it's true to have milk with or after onion it may cause skin problems, a white patches shown over skin it's true bcoz it's happen with me

6ce619c7 4c21 47e8 beb6 701ede32cf00  fb avatar
added about 1 month ago

i got skin problem .......you following or not...but according to ayurveda it is visam ahar