🔕 🔔

Any ideas for using dried ghost chiles?

I bought a few at the farmers market on a whim. Now I'm skittish. A proven recipe would help! How do you like your ghost chiles?

asked by SparkleDiana almost 5 years ago

Home defense system? Sorry, couldn't resist.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

You can make your own vinegar based hot sauce. Soak them in hot water along with some other dried chiles of your choice (stem and seed first), and when they have softened after a couple of hours toss them in a blender with salt, chopped garlic and maybe a half cup of white vinegar. Liquefy. STRAIN and now you have hot sauce.

926ee962 060e 44e6 a1d9 878262f34bf8  image

Dark Chocolate Brownies

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

I would grind them (be careful--grinding can create a fine dust that will aggravate your respiratory system and eyes. Be sure to let the dust settle before opening the lid of your grinder). Then you can use a pinch whenever you want to add heat to a dish. Be careful with amounts, though: you can always add more, but you can't take out what you've already put in.

Heat them in a medium pot with a neutral oil like canola or grapeseed = infused ghost chile oil. Infused into vodka for a unique spicy spirit. Could also infuse into simple syrup for cocktail mixes.