A question about a recipe: Balkan Lamb and Leek Pie

De76fc0e b19d 4417 8533 13ebd1d4e548  food52 01 22 13 8303

I have a question about the recipe "Balkan Lamb and Leek Pie" from inpatskitchen. Don't you need to brush the filo with butter?

asked by MrsK about 5 years ago

ATG117

It appears from the recipe that you need only brush the top of the phyllo rolls with butter. Seeing that it was reviewed and that the tester had good results, I would feel comfortable following the recipe as written.

MrsK

Thanks for your help. I don't have a vast experience with filo, but all recipes I tried you have to brush the sheets with butter or spray them with oil. I'm sure you're right.

These Impossibly Fudgy Chocolate Cakes Have One Big Secret

No butter, no oil -- just one magical ingredient.

Genius Chocolate Cake

Inspired by Chef Bryant Ng's creamy classic.

30-Minute Chickpea Curry

Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?

The Best Carbonara, According to an Italian Chef

What's New in the Neighborhood

Holiday recipes from The German-Jewish cookbook

Break the Yom Kippur Fast with Salad