🔕 🔔

Korean eggplants

87cec3ca 2fc8 41bd a577 0c648959dcf6  1 036 002

Bought these orange colored beauties at my local farm, I was told that they are Korean eggplant, any advice on how to prep them would be great!

asked by Panfusine about 4 years ago

A couple of months ago, I pickled/marinated (Italian-style) some purple Korean eggplants, using this recipe http://www.paultuorto.com...

Though I did not cut off the skin, found it added a nice slightly crunch texture to the finished product. It was beautifully purple (yours would be a gorgeous color too) and had a nice bite from the chili and garlic.

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

WOw, thanks for that link, I'm marinading a couple in Turmeric & salt to pan fry them, but want to try this recipe as well. (Luckily the farm is practically next door and hopefully there will still be some left tomorrow!

C1aa93d7 c7a4 4560 aa6d 6dca74cc98ca  smokin tokyo

Thank you HalfPint, can't wait to try this!