What is the best way to cook skirt steak?

I want to put it in burritos.

petitbleu
petitbleu July 31, 2013

We love it grilled. Marinate it for an hour in a lime juice/garlic/jalapeno/oil marinade, and throw it on the grill. This gives it a lovely char that tastes great in tacos, burritos, etc.

HalfPint July 31, 2013

I would grill it. Rub with some seasoned salt or any spice rub that you like, salt and pepper is fine too. Be generous with the salt. You can also marinated a few hours in lime/lemon juice with garlic, S/P.

Grill over direct high heat until cooked to medium (nick the meat and see if it's pink or done), about 4-5 minutes a side, more if it's thicker piece, less if it's thin. Then slice thinly across the grain.

Voted the Best Reply!

AniQuadros
AniQuadros July 31, 2013

Very good answer, grilled is my favorite. I also marinate for one hour, put the steak in a ziploc bag and add 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp of a good red wine vinegar,chopped onions and minced garlic Kosher salt and pepper to the taste. Then instead of grilling in case you don't have a grill, use a heavy iron skillet. Heat the skillet and wait til gets hot then place the steak in, no need for oil since the steak was marinated with olive oil as well. 5 minutes each side depending how you like it done. Heavy iron skillet works wonderfully. Don't forget to let the steak to cool for 10 minutes before serving, it is important to wait for the juices to sit. I hope you enjoy your skirt steak.