🔕 🔔

Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker VS Napoleon Apollo 3-in1Smoker

Has anyone used one or both of these? I was about to purchase the Weber; but then I ran across the Napoleon. They are roughly the same price; the reason The Napoleon caught my eye is because the bottom section doubles as a regular charcoal grill and the Weber does not.

I'm afraid that the construction and durability of the Napoleon might disappoint me. I looked for reviews but there are very few.

Does anyone have a good smoker/charcoal grill Combo they like for about the $300 range?

asked by Benny almost 5 years ago

CookLikeMad

My husband and I have a smokey mountain and absolutely love it. It's incredibly durable (we've had it for 3 years) and can handle a huge amount of meat at once thanks to the 2 tiers.

I understand your wanting the versatility of having the bottom half of the Napolean function as a regular grill, but from my experience, it's really not fun to have to crouch down to tend a grill and it seems like that's what you'd be doing. I know it's an extra expense and takes up more space, but your best bet is to get a standard charcoal grill at the right height in addition to the smoker.