Uses for Leftover Shredded Beef

I have a few pounds of shredded beef leftover from making a beef stock and soup. Any suggestions for how to use it? Would especially like any easy recipes to incorporate it into that I can freeze for easy dinners after baby arrives in a few weeks. Thank you.

asked by melissav over 5 years ago

stagneskitchen

Italian pasta sauces; fajitas; use on grilled cheese; burritos

WileyP

Tacos, burritos, enchiladas, etc. Add some to a pot of beans (western/cowboy style). Make some gravy and use it for hot beef sandwiches. Oh, the wonders of leftover shredded beef (and pork, and...!)

Melissa, congratulations! My mother used to make barbecue beef sandwiches by mixing barbecue sauce with shredded beef. Try the Dead Guy sauce on food52-- it's really good. XO

Kirkwood tiger

Chop and freeze and use for chili, BBQ sandwiches; enchiladas , topping for nachos ,

RespectThePastry

Empanadas, a sort of Shepherd's Pie with mash and veggies, a Mexican flavored Lasagna, Quiche...really the possibilities are endless!

healthierkitchen

Best wishes!! Definitely enchiladas - they should freeze well. Burritos would be great, or nachos, but I don't think cooked beef freezes very well without a sauce. Maybe add to lastnightsdinner's borrachos?

3k_
3k_

I also like to use it as a simple protein for a healthy bowl with, for example, bulgur wheat, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta and a sauce like tzatziki or the red pepper sauce from Pinch of Yum's Mediterranean quinoa bowls.