🔕 🔔

? Baking schedule for party?

I am baking a layer cake with buttercream frosting for a party on Saturday. How should I schedule baking/ frosting the cake so I don't have to cook on Saturday?

asked by prandial about 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

You can bake the cake layers in advance and freeze them. Just defrost day before. You can make the butter cream 2 days in advance. Take it out of the fridge a-2 hours before you want to use it so it comes to room temp. You may need to whisk it for 30 seconds if it seems broken apart. So all you will need to do on Saturday is put everything together. 1) assemble the layers and then put a thin coat of buttercream on the outside to create a "crumb" coat. Put in the fridge for 30 min and then finish frosting the outside. You can keep the frosted cake in the fridge until the party but remove it from the fridge at least 15-20 min before serving so it's not too cold

This is exactly what I needed -- thank you so much for your help!!!

Great - good luck with it