🔕 🔔

refrigerating buttercream frosting?

I have some leftover frosting which I made 2 days ago, and the directions said that it should be good for a few days, stored at room temp. I'm not ready to bake again - would it be okay to refrigerate the frosting, and whip it up after it returns to room temp? The ingredients were 2 sticks butter, 1/2 c milk, about 20 oz powdered sugar. Thanks!

asked by brooklynite over 4 years ago

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

Absolutely! And you're right, it is best to let it return to room temp before whipping (will be relatively solid in the fridge). Milk is the piece likely to stale first, so probably 3 to 5 days in the fridge...

thank you!

You can also freeze it.