🔕 🔔

Tomato Davinci Bread Pudding

The directions for this recipe I think are a little vague, I have the bread pudding in the oven now and it seems dry.
I don't want to waste 4 cups of delicious heirloom tomatoes.
3/4 ciabatta loaf how many cups do you think that would be?

asked by Nan about 4 years ago

Nan

PS how can you tell when it is done???

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Really hard to tell how many cups of bread cubes 3/4 of a ciabatta would be because it depends on the size of the loaf and the size of the cubed bread. if you cut 3/4" cubes from an a 12" long ciabatta bread you probably would get 4-5 cups of bread. The way to tell if a bread pudding is done - egg should be set and golden. Bread should be golden

If it's dry, you should add a bit more liquid. Before baking.
I agree that "3/4 of a Ciabatta" is a nebulous amount. How big was the ciabatta the writer used? However, I've always made bread puddings as much by feel as anything else, so I would adjust the custard as needed.