I tossed some sliced tomatos to re-pickle in my favorite brine after the pickles were gone. How long will they be good for in the fridge?

re-using pickle brine

RespectThePastry
RespectThePastry August 18, 2013

Well since the process of tossing tomatoes in brine does not allow for any of the sterilization that a technical pickling process does your tomatoes will last about as long as a normal sliced tomato in the fridge will last. So about a week give or take a few days?

Rberg
Rberg August 18, 2013

Actually the salt in the brine should help keep the tomatoes from going bad, in the way that it will keep new cucumbers placed in the brine to pickle. These are like refrigerator pickles which last quite a long time in the fridge, again because of the brine.

RespectThePastry
RespectThePastry August 18, 2013

Rberg thanks for the 2 cents! I was mostly taking a stab at an answer. I hate to see posts go without some information. I will keep this in mind for the future!

Rberg
Rberg August 18, 2013

You are welcome. I really enjoy this site!