🔕 🔔

pickles

I cut up cucumbers and soaked in brine solution overnight, soaking them the next day to remove the salt. I canned them with a dill pickle brine and processed them. The pickles taste barely dilly. Did I do something wrong? Any fix for this batch of pickles that are already processed? The freshly cut cucumbers pickled in the same dill brine taste great??? Did the same using bread and butter brine...same problem???

asked by David Schmitz over 4 years ago

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

How much time passed between processing and eating? The reason I ask is pickles typically take a few weeks to taste as they should.