🔕 🔔

halving angel food cake?

I see most recipes for angel food cake calling for whites from 11 or 12 eggs. any thoughts on making a half recipe (I have 6 whites to spare). I know I could make meringue, but I was thinking this would be a nice thing to accompany all the great fruit I have right now!

asked by Raquelita about 4 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

You could make a half recipe and try baking individual cakes in muffin tins - I'd watch them very carefully, though, as they'll cook pretty quickly!

F64b9cf6 8b4d 4813 9068 4f76a1353c8a  open uri20130824 2821 ajpr6c

Use Plums. They are in Season now!

0236a64a 6089 48f7 8ce6 5b790ad33fd9  0605111238

Thanks...I am doing half a recipe in a regular pan. I would have done cupcakes, great idea, but my pan was kind of icky. Seems like the cake, currently finishing in the oven, is going to be fine, just half as tall!

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

sfmiller beat me to it, but I've done exactly the same thing. Merrill - I tried the Angelfood cake cupcake idea but wasn't able to turn the pan upside down (had lined the pan with cupcake papers) and the cake really settled in on itself as it cooled. That upside down cooling thing is really important for AF cake.