It's International Bacon Day Tomorrow and I'd love to find a new favorite recipe

Any favorite ideas or recipes come to mind?

asked by David about 5 years ago

TobiT

We tried bacon ice cream today at the Minnesota Stare Fair. It was surprisingly good. (I do not usually like these bacon crossover experiments.) Thus was maple ice cream with bits of candied bacon. Not too sweet, not too bacony!

bigpan

Bake some bacon strips on a sheet pan in the oven with a drizzle of brown sugar and/or maple syrup .
Serve as a garnish with beer or a vodka martini .

SeaJambon

Today is National Toasted Marshmallow Day -- why not do a combo? Maybe a bacon-s'more! :) I do know that Bacon Chocolate (available locally in stores) is surprisingly good. Maybe use that in the s'more?!

This is as much bacon goodness as I can handle: I believe it’s a southern recipe, for brown sugar and mustard roasted bacon.

1/4 pound regular-sliced bacon, 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Combine the brown sugar and mustard in a large zip-lock bag. Add pulled-apart (defrosted) bacon strips to the bag and shake the bag to coat the bacon strips.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper, put a thin wire cooling rack on top. Place individual slices of bacon on rack and roast at 400 F for 20 minutes. Let drain on rack for a few minutes after taking out of oven and serve.