duck bacon

I have a package of delicious looking duck bacon in my fridge. I've never cooked with it before--ideas? favorite recipes?

asked by erinbdm about 4 years ago

I have to say that I have not heard of it, but it sounds delicious. I think I would fry up a slice and taste it and then figure out ways to make it the star. Maybe a blt with a beautifully ripe heritage tomato would be a good start.

It's great in a salad, either part of an elaborate one or in something simple like lettuce, a blue cheese, and the duck.

irina

Fantastic. Send it to me! LOL
It is great in a salad. And how about the ultimate BLT?
Had duck prosciutto and it was fantastic!
Cheers
irina

Meaghan F

Yummm!! Whatever you end up doing with it, definitely fry up some potatoes in the rendered fat.

PazzoNico

I'm thinking carbonara or gricia.

Just thinking out loud - since duck pairs well with fruit, maybe you could do a 'devils on horseback' kind of thing - wrap dates, or even better fresh figs, and roast in a hot oven until bacon is brown and starting to crisp. You could stuff the fig with a whole Marcona almond before wrapping too.