🔕 🔔

duck bacon

I have a package of delicious looking duck bacon in my fridge. I've never cooked with it before--ideas? favorite recipes?

asked by erinbdm over 3 years ago

I have to say that I have not heard of it, but it sounds delicious. I think I would fry up a slice and taste it and then figure out ways to make it the star. Maybe a blt with a beautifully ripe heritage tomato would be a good start.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

It's great in a salad, either part of an elaborate one or in something simple like lettuce, a blue cheese, and the duck.

Ba67bb65 4a48 4c32 9267 a44ff4dae0fb  tobacco road 010

Fantastic. Send it to me! LOL
It is great in a salad. And how about the ultimate BLT?
Had duck prosciutto and it was fantastic!
Cheers
irina

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

Yummm!! Whatever you end up doing with it, definitely fry up some potatoes in the rendered fat.

I'm thinking carbonara or gricia.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Just thinking out loud - since duck pairs well with fruit, maybe you could do a 'devils on horseback' kind of thing - wrap dates, or even better fresh figs, and roast in a hot oven until bacon is brown and starting to crisp. You could stuff the fig with a whole Marcona almond before wrapping too.