🔕 🔔

Olive Oil Plum cake pan size: Ack - I don't have a 9" springform. Only a 10" and a 9" regular pan. Thoughts? Suggestions?

asked by tammany over 4 years ago

Fe759e32 f945 40b6 acea 9486c52f49b0  moi

I'd have to see the recipe but you should be fine with a 9-inch, 2-inch deep regular pan. Try lining the bottom with parchment to make it easier to remove the cake.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I made this cake today using an 8" springform. Sdebrango suggested I increase the baking time by 10 minutes. The cake came out moist and delicious.

5931bcf1 b22d 41db bdb0 e856dde60d58  image

Do NOT use the 9inch pan. It is only 2 inch while springform is taller so recipe may overflow if done in 9 inch pan. Use the 10 inch spring
pan. Cake will just be a bit flatter and cake faster. Maybe 10 minutes faster.

Thanks to all! I ended up going with the 10" (I was making the cake when I realized my pan "issue" and was already committed to something!) and it worked just fine. I planned to adjust the cooking time but in the end needed 5 minutes more than the recipe had indicated. Go figure!

5dd58b70 52d5 415a 8478 ba9053b33e62  kenzi
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

Sorry to be late here -- these comments were right on; the cake is slightly taller than an average layer cake, so you'd either have to go wider than 9" or deeper than 2". Glad it worked out for you!