Substitute for 9 or 10 inch springform pan

Recipe calls for 9-10 inch springform for an olive oil lemon cake. Can I use a loaf pan?

asked by Food odyssea almost 4 years ago

Yes, two 8x4" loaf pans (each has 6c vol) will hold same batter as 10" springform (12c). See for more conversions - http://allrecipes.com/howto...

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

10 inch tube=2 9x5 inch loaf pans. From The Baker's Appendix, compiled by Jessica Reed and acquired @food52 Popup Shop last week. Used it already!!
The deeper question is do you need a tube pan. What are the details of the recipe, or will you wing it? Let me know and good luck.

Food odyssea

Answer to deeper question is the house I am baking in is not my primary home and has limited storage in the small kitchen. My primary home has a very well equipped kitchen. I will try the two loaf pans, the disposable kind. I know, I know. Thanks for the help

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Not to worry. I am at home w an overload of kitchen stuff but often not the called for pan. Something disposable will leave the house instead of taking up space and requiring attention.

bigpan

I would think about lining the loaf pans with parchment paper.