Substitute for 9 or 10 inch springform pan

Recipe calls for 9-10 inch springform for an olive oil lemon cake. Can I use a loaf pan?

Nancy December 14, 2014

Yes, two 8x4" loaf pans (each has 6c vol) will hold same batter as 10" springform (12c). See for more conversions - http://allrecipes.com/howto...

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks December 14, 2014

10 inch tube=2 9x5 inch loaf pans. From The Baker's Appendix, compiled by Jessica Reed and acquired @food52 Popup Shop last week. Used it already!!
The deeper question is do you need a tube pan. What are the details of the recipe, or will you wing it? Let me know and good luck.

Food odyssea
Food odyssea December 14, 2014

Answer to deeper question is the house I am baking in is not my primary home and has limited storage in the small kitchen. My primary home has a very well equipped kitchen. I will try the two loaf pans, the disposable kind. I know, I know. Thanks for the help

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks December 14, 2014

Not to worry. I am at home w an overload of kitchen stuff but often not the called for pan. Something disposable will leave the house instead of taking up space and requiring attention.

bigpan
bigpan December 14, 2014

I would think about lining the loaf pans with parchment paper.