Do I precook the gnocchi?

I'm trying a new recipe tonight called Baked gnocchi.
The recipe did not say whether to use fresh gnocchi or frozen.
They only had the frozen at the store this time , so I got that.
The recipe does not mention whether to precook the gnocchi before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients and baking for 20 minutes.
I'm guessing I precook it, what do you think?

Thanks!
Michelle

asked by Michelle church about 5 years ago

darksideofthespoon

I would briefly blanch it in water, but not as to completely cook it. After you've blanched it, drain the water and coat it in a little bit of olive oil so it doesn't become a sticky mess.

Tyson Amick

Next time, sear the gnocchi in oil or butter first. They will develop a beautiful light brown crust on the exterior, and add a new dimension of flavor and texture to the dish. I just hate plainly blanched gnocchi in any form, it's just gummy.