I'm making stock from the turkey carcass. Freezer space is at a premium (all I have is the freezer in my side-by-side). Can I concentrate the stock down, once I pull the carcass and aromatics out and strain it, and then reconstitute with water when I use it? It seems to me that it'd make sense, but I've never tried it.

asked by Kayb almost 8 years ago

TheWimpyVegetarian

I do this all the time with beef stock and can't imagine why you can't do it with turkey stock. I say go for it!

I do that with chicken stock, too. I second ChezSuzanne's go for it.

Kayb

Thanks, Magic Picklers! That's exactly what I'll do!

Gale

Absolutely, reduce it way down, and I have recently been freezing stocks flat in the ziploc double seal bags from Costco - a huge space saver.

spiffypaws

Yes, I've been doing this for years. I either freeze flat in zip lock bags or in ice cube trays and transfer to zip lock bags after. It's more work upfront, but you save so much space.

These Impossibly Fudgy Chocolate Cakes Have One Big Secret

No butter, no oil -- just one magical ingredient.

Genius Chocolate Cake

Inspired by Chef Bryant Ng's creamy classic.

30-Minute Chickpea Curry

Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?

The Best Carbonara, According to an Italian Chef

What's New in the Neighborhood

Holiday recipes from The German-Jewish cookbook

Break the Yom Kippur Fast with Salad