Vegetable pealed

I'm looking for a vegetable pealer than handles tough jobs like pealing winter squash. Any suggestions?

asked by akrainey almost 5 years ago

That must be one loud squash ;-). I use either an Oxo swivel peeler because I like the grip, or else a sharp 6" utility knife.

I really like the Kuhn Rikon Swiss peeler. It's really inexpensive ($4) and for plastic surprisingly sturdy. But I also agree with Pierino, a sharp utility knife is sometimes the best way to go with tough squash skin

First, you have to decide whether you prefer vertical or horizontal. I prefer horizontal, and for peeling winter squash, I sometimes go with a serrated blade. Kuhn Rikons are good.

If you are using a serrated blade an "offset" knife is a good way to go.

Oxo is a winner, IMHO.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I'm with sexyLAMBCHOPx; Oxo's serrated vegetable peeler is amazing: http://www.oxo.com/p-481...