🔕 🔔

Vegetable pealed

I'm looking for a vegetable pealer than handles tough jobs like pealing winter squash. Any suggestions?

asked by akrainey almost 4 years ago

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

That must be one loud squash ;-). I use either an Oxo swivel peeler because I like the grip, or else a sharp 6" utility knife.

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I really like the Kuhn Rikon Swiss peeler. It's really inexpensive ($4) and for plastic surprisingly sturdy. But I also agree with Pierino, a sharp utility knife is sometimes the best way to go with tough squash skin

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

First, you have to decide whether you prefer vertical or horizontal. I prefer horizontal, and for peeling winter squash, I sometimes go with a serrated blade. Kuhn Rikons are good.

If you are using a serrated blade an "offset" knife is a good way to go.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Oxo is a winner, IMHO.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I'm with sexyLAMBCHOPx; Oxo's serrated vegetable peeler is amazing: http://www.oxo.com/p-481...