A question about a recipe: Chocolate covered graham crackers

A85e067d 640c 4798 9d50 f1168b47a2aa  8

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate covered graham crackers" from zahavah. Can I use whole wheat flour in place of the grahm? How would it change the cookie?

asked by Clcooks about 5 years ago

ATG117

I'd consult the Internet for whole wheat flour substitutions in recipes. It's often not one to one. The flavor will also be different.

ZombieCupcake

The texture is going to be different but they would still be good.

zahavah

Hi Clcooks. I've read (http://en.wikibooks.org...) that for 1 cup of graham flour, you can combine 2/3 C all-purpose flour, a bit less than 1/3 C wheat bran and 1.5 T wheat germ. I agree that whole wheat flour will change the texture and flavor. Let us know if you try it!