Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I think any sort of flour you have will be fine for this recipe. I have never even seen sprouted whet flour! It sounds a bit esoteric to me...

ktr
ktr

You can make your own if you have a grinder. Soak wheat berries in water for 6-12 hrs. Drain the water off. Then, twice a day, rinse the berries with water. Leave the wheat berries on the counter between rinses. By around day 3 you should see little sprouts forming. When they sprout, dry them in the oven or a dehydrator. Then grind them up in a grain grinder or coffee grinder.
Otherwise, you can buy sprouted wheat flour online.
The point of sprouting flour is to make it easier to digest so you should have no problems substituting regular whole wheat flour for it.

lapadia

FYI link for sprouted wheat flour:
http://www.onegreenplanet...