2 (!) new cookbooks from Food52—comin' atchya. Shop the presale »
🔕 🔔

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I think any sort of flour you have will be fine for this recipe. I have never even seen sprouted whet flour! It sounds a bit esoteric to me...

ktr

You can make your own if you have a grinder. Soak wheat berries in water for 6-12 hrs. Drain the water off. Then, twice a day, rinse the berries with water. Leave the wheat berries on the counter between rinses. By around day 3 you should see little sprouts forming. When they sprout, dry them in the oven or a dehydrator. Then grind them up in a grain grinder or coffee grinder.
Otherwise, you can buy sprouted wheat flour online.
The point of sprouting flour is to make it easier to digest so you should have no problems substituting regular whole wheat flour for it.

9acfdd05 7247 4ff2 9a6c 9141e73a07c8  52 photo

FYI link for sprouted wheat flour:
http://www.onegreenplanet...

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.