🔕 🔔

Any suggestions a ham bone with a little meat on it, that's full of flavor? Peach and pineapple pan drippings are yummy too.

asked by katherine_ellington over 7 years ago

Any bean soup, especially split pea soup. Would probably not add the pan drippings, though, but who knows, maybe I'd stir in a spoonful into a bowl of the cooked soup and taste it to see. ;o)

I'm with pierino on this one. Here's a recipe--you can add celery and bell pepper if you like.

katherine_ellington

Love the red beans and rice recipe. Will send picture of my bowl.

This is what I do!

JessieLK

arroz con grandules is a great recipe for that too.
http://foodsayscheese.com...

casa-giardino

lentils and ham bone - Cook lentil and ham bone and set aside.
Saute' a little garlic and onion, add celery. When tender, mix in lentils and ham pieces.

Martin69

I usually make a ham for Easter, save the ham bone for when it starts getting cool. Then make a large pot of pinto beans slow cooked with the ham bone. Now, if you have ever cooked pinto beans with a ham bone in it for 12 hours, add salt and pepper to flavor. Can I just say, that is the best tasting beans you will ever eat! And the best part is, the meat on the bone falls off for you, and any marrow in the bone adds flavor! Try it, you'll like it!

katherine_ellington

Just so y'all know, I got my pot of red (kidney) beans on the stove, used the recipe above with the ham bone. 2 hours = an incredible dish full or rich flavor reconnecting me with my southern roots. Thanks!