Freezing squash

I'm making these -- http://www.nytimes.com... -- for two parties for people who are very dear to me -- one Saturday, one December 7th. Can I make the squash this weekend and freeze half for December? Or even better, the whole topping? I don't want to do it if it'll compromise the flavor or make the texture weird but I'd love to get ahead of some prep for my other party. Thanks!

asked by MTMitchell almost 5 years ago

Anastasia

You should be able to make the squash now and freeze it, especially since you'll be smashing it, but I wouldn't chancd freezing the entire topping; the freezing and thawing will probably cost some flavor.

MTMitchell

Thanks! That's what I'll do. The December party is a holiday party with my best girlfriends so I want everything to be perfect -- especially these squash toasts. I made them last year and they were a huge hit.