A question about a recipe: Pub Gougères with Anchovy and Cayenne

8dbfd40a 4719 46c8 978f 0d881444c507  food52 06 19 12 8919

I have a question about the recipe "Pub Gougères with Anchovy and Cayenne" from withinseason. How far ahead can these be made? the night before? 5 hours? a week and freeze them? thanks!

asked by Erica about 5 years ago

sfmiller

Gougeres freeze very well. Best way is to shape the puffs onto a sheet pan (you can put them very close together) before baking, freeze until hard, and put them in a freezer bag or other airtight container. Bake as for freshly made dough, but a minute or two longer.

You can also freeze after baking and rewarm in the oven. Not bad, but not optimal.

ceeteebee

I second sfmiller's suggestion to freeze before baking. I've done the same with Gougeres a number of times and they always turn out well.

Here's a third vote for freezing before baking. You want to bake them off as close to service as possible. They're good at room temp, but sensational when warm.