🔕 🔔

I want to buy a food mill as a gift, but having never used one I'm not sure what's the most important aspect to look for. There are plastic ones, metal ones, some come with multiple disks???Any suggestions?
Thanks

asked by babycook almost 7 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Definitly NOT a plastic one - you want one that will last - I would go metal. And the mutiple disks give you different grades or textures right? I would go for the cadillac version, metal, discs, the works - well how much do you love the recipient? (just kidding on that last - go for it I say!!)

4d625ded d965 42c7 b1ee ec9d7dc7fb4e  profilepic

The one I have is the "3-dish food mill" from BedBath. It cost $29, it cleans easily, and it stores as small as a food mill can. I'm pretty happy with it.

sorry, "3-DISK" food mill.

Heavier the better. These are real work horse tools in your kitchen. It performs tasks that a food processor can't. And it's beauty is that it's totally analog---all elbow grease.

I've had both plastic and metal and the stainless steel is definately the way to go!

F7848b0f a38f 4475 81a6 30e065cef3d3  img 0762

Thanks all. I've found the BBnB one, and I think I'll go with that.