🔕 🔔

Butternut Squash Soup

If I leave out the cream until I warm it up to serve, can I freeze a squash soup? Any suggestions for a savory squash soup?

asked by akrainey about 4 years ago

14b11c12 6b95 4986 8177 06182a5401bb  sleepin rache circa 92

You can definitely freeze your squash soup. I would even freeze it with the cream already added in. I have not tried any recipes for squash soup on F52, but there is a good one on smittenkitchen.com that I have used.
http://smittenkitchen.com...

Edfe409e 4744 406a 98e8 9c239638ad31  img 1965

This is my favorite butternut squash soup, which I found in the NYT cookbook and here, with a lovely piece by Amanda! http://www.nytimes.com...

It doesn't call for cream except for creme fraiche at the end on each bowl, but I freeze some every time I make it and then add the creme fraiche later.

5e9c0b8f c9a0 4744 abd2 1def5bbeaeca  1380644 562697560462865 988341931 n

Whole Foods has a savory squash soup garnished with crab. It does call for a scant amount of cream, and specifically states that if freezing do not add the crab or cream until ready to serve. You can get the recipe on their site.