🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Golden Panko Latkes with Sour Cream and Chives

Aff70160 16be 4f33 9fe0 e49f7c3ed4bf  112910f 419

I have a question about the recipe "Golden Panko Latkes with Sour Cream and Chives" from micki barzilay. I love this recipe and have made it several times. Have you (or others) prepared it with an egg substitute to make it vegan?

asked by eakesin over 4 years ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

Hi eakesin, I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to this yet. You could always try sending a direct message to ask the recipe author on their profile page (http://food52.com/users...). If you've already tested it out with an egg substitute, let us know how it went!

Soft tofu, buzzed in a processor or blender, subs for equal volume of eggs in most baking and cooking recipes. Gives similar binding properties, and doesn't much change the flavor profile. When using the tofu, you might want to add a small amount of fat to the recipe to replace fat in egg yolks.